A Fresh Start

Happy 2014 Everybody!  I love the turn to a new year.  A fresh beginning and a time to celebrate the good and the bad of the last year.  We spent the eve evening with friends and neighbors, eating and laughing the night away.


My contribution to our little gathering were yummy and basic.  Nothing exotic or crazy for this crowd.  I tried these Bacon Cream Cheese Roll-ups and Peanut Butter Corn Chip No Bake Cookies.  The Roll-ups took a little time to assemble, but they weren't complicated.  The end result was very tasty, either warm or room temperature.  I think these would also be fantastic with cheddar and green onion mixed into the cream cheese instead of the other seasonings!


The Corn Chip cookies have been on my radar for a little while.  Even my neighbor remarked that I will find any kind of chip to put with sweets!  The topping on these is very much like that on the Scotcheroos we love so much.  In an attempt to make them a little less "gooey" and punch up the peanut flavor, I tossed in a few dry roasted peanuts.  Instead of spreading mine on a big baking sheet, I just stirred the mixture together in a bowl, and then dropped cookies onto parchment paper with my cookie scoop.  These are good in a such a weird way.  The corniness of the Fritos definitely comes through, but totally works with the peanut butter.  So good.

And, I'm ready to go with a menu for January!


We will be trying to eat better again in the new year, so many of my selections are a nod in that direction.  Best wishes in the new year!  Here's to another great year of eating and trying new recipes!

Comments