Lucky with Leftovers

There are days I dread leftovers.  Oh, yes, we use them for our lunches, and it's rare to cook too much for a household of 2.5 eaters that doesn't produce some kind of leftovers.  But there are days when I simply dread the extras a recipe produced.


That was NOT the case here, however.  If you'll recall I had good luck with this Cheeseburger Meatloaf Pie.  It did produce leftovers, however, and I decided it was a smarter choice to use them up.  In an effort to make dinner more interesting, I decided to make them into grilled cheese sandwiches (everything's better with cheese right?).

I started with Colby-jack cheese, and then added bacon, a little bit of barbecue sauce, and finally added pieces of the leftover meatloaf pie.  Then I finished it off like the usual grilled cheese. 

Hello, delicious!  It was great and so much better than just regular leftovers!

Comments