Crescent Cordon Bleu

I needed a simple way to use up some leftover chicken.  Since we already had chicken on the menu a lot this week, I wanted to make sure there were some different flavors from the other things on our menu.


These Chicken Cordon Bleu Crescent Rolls sounded like just the ticket.  I love the Cordon Bleu combination of flavors, and you can't go wrong with crescents right?

These smelled so good while they were baking and tasted yummy too.  If you are going to put the rolls together in a pie plate or square pan as the recipe suggests, you'll definitely need to allow more time for baking.  I found out the hard way, and ended up having a staring contest with the oven just waiting for them to get done.  I might just set them out on a baking sheet in the future.  They will get nice and crispy on the outside, and certainly bake faster.

Instead of adding the Dijon mustard and honey to the roll-ups, we just dipped our finished rolls in Chick-Fil-A sauce.  Perfect.  Love that stuff, and at one time I never thought I would.

Comments