Chick Fil Home


Recreating restaurant flavors at home is a challenge for me.  I love to eat out, but regular dining out strains the wallet and the waistline, thus my interest in trying to get a taste of dining out at home.

I found a recipe on Pinterest that claimed to be a dead ringer for Chick Fil A sandwiches.  The link of the pin didn't actually go to a recipe and instead the instructions below were included in the pin description.

  • Marinade chicken breast in pickle juice for 24 Hrs. 
  • Dredge chicken in 1 c. flour mixed with 2 tsp Lawry's season salt. 
  • Dip in egg wash. 
  • Coat with 1 1/2 c bread crumbs mixed with 2 tsp. lemon pepper seasoning (Put breading in a ziplock bag and shake the chicken to coat). 
  • Fry in hot oil 4 min. per side. 
It seemed simple enough so I thought I would give it a shot.  The only thing really slowing me was the breading process.  I hate the ick of dredging, dipping, and bread-crumbing. Ew.  But I sucked it up, and soldiered on for the sake of our taste-buds.

Lessons learned from making this recipe:
  1. Change your clothes first.  Playing with flour in black dress clothes is not the smartest move I've ever made.
  2. It will take longer than four minutes per side to cook, at least with chicken tenderloins I used.
  3. Have a plan for the whole jar of pickles that are no without juice.  Especially if you don't eat pickles.
Of course I couldn't make Chick Fil A sandwiches without trying to make Chick Fil A Sauce.  I decided to only make a half recipe because that would be more than enough for our purposes.

So is it Chick Fil A at home?  Pretty close.  Especially with the meat and sauce together.  I think just about any fried chicken tenderloin pieces would probably do, and that will most likely be the course I take the next time.  It's just not worth the work to me.  The sauce I will probably keep on hand for a multitude of uses because it's seriously yummy.

Comments