White Sauce Comes to Pizza

White sauce (Alfredo) is an all time favorite with my little one.  Her daddy and I are also big fans, so I was super ready to try this Alfredo Chicken Pizza.


It was beautiful looking as it was ready to go in the oven, even with a shortcut or two.  First, I used a bought pizza crust.  I totally planned on making homemade, but somewhere mid-afternoon my back completely let me down and started hurting.  I was so thankful to have a ready made crust in the freezer.  I also used some of my regular precooked chicken (cook in the crock-pot, shred in the mixer) instead of prepping with a marinade for this recipe.  I did make the Alfredo from scratch (subbing in fat-free half-and-half) because it's super easy, and also because I detest bought Alfredo.  The fact that the spinach and tomatoes are fresh totally take the flavors to another level.


This is a yummy recipe, that my little one loved, spinach and tomatoes included.  It has rich flavor balanced by the freshness of the veggies.  Because it's a multi-step recipe, I don't know how often I will make it, but flavor-wise it's a keeper.

Comments