Cobbler Cobbler


Tonight's dish was not your average cobbler.  Instead, it was a Bubbly & Golden Mexican Cobbler.

That's a very fancy way of describing a simple ground beef dish with a biscuit topping.  It's pretty simple really, brown ground beef and add taco seasoning.  Then layer it with salsa, corn, and cheese.  Top with biscuits and voila!


I chose to use Pace Extra Mild Salsa (it was still too spicy for the littlest at our table, thank goodness for sour cream), and reduced fat fiesta blend cheese.  I also followed the biscuit instructions using low fat Bisquick and skim milk (mixed with a tablespoon or two of melted butter). In the future I would use a can of biscuits just to save time.  I did like the sprinkle of cheddar on top of the biscuits, but it doesn't really need it either.

This recipe was tasty, but nothing extraordinary.  I might enjoy plain tacos just as much or more.  Still, you know I'm always willing to try new things, even if I go back to the status quo soon after.

Comments