Anniversary Chicken


Rightfully, tonight's dinner should be called Country Club Chicken, but since I made it for my 13th wedding anniversary and we loved it, it's will henceforth be Anniversary Chicken at our house.

Now, for those of you keeping score at home, Country Club Chicken was NOT on the menu for tonight.  However, as I was grocery shopping prepping last night, I just couldn't get excited the Crockpot Balsamic Chicken I was supposed to make.  I'm sure it's a delightful recipe; it just didn't seem very anniversaryish (it's a word, at least today it is) to me.  As committed as I am to menu plans, I hated to go off-menu, and figured I'd get over my recipe aversion by tonight.  Nope.  So off I went in search of a recipe that not only sounded good, but also used the ingredients I had on hand.  (Two grocery trips in one day would put me over the edge.)

Luckily, I had everything necessary for the Country Club Chicken, and it sounded fantastic.  It totally was.  I used some leftover baby portabella mushrooms, regular shredded cheddar, and 98% fat free cream of mushroom soup, and otherwise followed the recipe as given.  So good.  Definitely worthy of our anniversary, and just about any other special occasion I could dream up!

Comments