Start to Finish

It's been a series of chaotic Wednesday nights around here.  From a furnace breakdown to an electrical repair and more.  Thank goodness I plan those nights to be pretty simple in the cooking department.  It's a lot easier to fit chaos and simple together than chaos and complicated.


One of the things that drew me to this Sausage & Tortellini Soup was it's simplicity.  It looked like it would come together quickly, but still be flavorful.  Although the recipe is a little short on detail, the comments section and the general simplicity of the dish make it pretty foolproof.

Instead of three cups of cooked sausage, I just used one pound of Italian sausage.  I also used one bag of frozen tortellini, dried herbs, and fat free evaporated milk.  The flavor in this dish is excellent, especially for one so quickly prepared.

No meal is ever complete without 'zert in this house, and I was in the mood to bake anyway.  As much as I enjoy Girl Scout Cookies, I prefer homemade treats.  It's not even a contest.  A simple straightforward cookie was called for, so I searched my 'Zert board for something quick and easy.  These Brown Sugar Oatmeal Coconut Chewies fit the bill, even if the name isn't so simple.


There's nothing especially exotic about this recipe, in fact it's pretty similar to this one, but you've learned by now that I'm more likely to make new stuff rather than go back to old stuff repeatedly.  I did not worry about the amount of mixing I did with the flour, oatmeal, and coconut.  I just made them like I do most other cookie recipes, and they turned out fine.  I even shared some with the electricians who were here!

Comments