Christmas Treats

We chose this past Wednesday to honor our Awana leaders once again.  They work so hard for our club all year, that it is a small way to repay them for that commitment.

It's also a chance for me to make the Christmas treats I want to make without all of them staying at home!  This year I chose some popular Pinterest favorites, as well as some recipes of my own invention.

One of the cutest things I've seen on Pinterest are these little Elf Hats.  There isn't really a recipe here.  Just melt some almond bark, dip your Bugle in and add an M&M.  Super easy and cute.


One of my favorite things to do is take a recipe that I know works, and then start changing it up with other flavors I like.  I've made the turtles using Rolos, Pecans, and pretzels before so I started thinking up other variations of those easy treats.  I tried two different combinations and liked the way they both came out.  One used caramel Kisses (I like the caramel in them better then Rolos, plus the chocolate quality is better), Peanut Butter M&Ms, and pretzels--sort of a miniature Take 5.  I also tried peppermint kisses with a plain M&M to top.  What a great combo!  Super easy way to get the dipped pretzel flavor without all the work and a nice dash of peppermint to finish it off.



Another turned out to be a variation on the popular Oreo truffle.  In this case, I used the Gingerbread Oreos (the cookies by themselves were a little gingerbready for my taste), mixed them with cream cheese and voila--Gingerbread Oreo Truffles.  Pretty tasty!


My last creation was peppermint brownies.  I used my favorite brownie recipe (the bottom layer of these  brownies), then topped it with frosting, to which I added peppermint flavoring and red food coloring.  Finally, I added White Chocolate Peppermint M&Ms and a few mini chocolate chips.


I was happy with how most everything turned out (the caramel/PB combo was delicious but messy), and everything had just enough sprinkles for a festive flair.

Comments