Sweet Holidays

I saved most of my holiday baking to serve at our Awana leader appreciation dinner.  I knew I would have the numbers to eat up a lot of sweets, and I would get to make a lot of recipes that interested me without much going to waste.


I had collected several recipes via Pinterest and other sources.  These White Chocolate Cranberry Blondies were a late addition to my list, but maybe the best of what I made.  The blondie part was dense and moist, and the fresh orange flavor in the frosting was awesome!  A lovely Christmas treat.


I also made these Peppermint Mocha Thumbprints too.  I was a little disappointed.  There wasn't enough mocha flavor for me and the chocolate flavor seemed a little flat, even using dark chocolate baking cocoa.  They are a fine cookie, but not exciting.

I also made Chocolate Scotcheroos using Chocolate Frosted Flakes instead Rice Krispies.  Whoa!  A little extra richness, but good.  If you try this, use more than six cups of cereal because the mixture is different than with the Rice Krispies. 

Throw in my favorite White Velvet Cutouts and Peanut Butter Oreo Truffles and it was a super sweet meal!

Comments