Peanut Butter Passion - one Piece at a Time


Peanut butter continues to grow on me.  I used to be so indifferent  to peanut butter, but my husband's insistance on the Jifference, my daughter's love for PB&J, and just a general adjustment in taste buds have brought me around.  There are so many lovely recipes with peanut butter out there, and now I enjoy them along with a lot of others.

Today, I was in the mood for dessert, and not one already in my freezer or pantry.  Something fresh and new.  I also wanted short and sweet.  I didn't have time or interest in laboring over a complicated recipe.  This recipe for Reese's Pieces Drop Cookies fit the bill perfectly.

If you are familiar with Scotcheroos, this process is much the same, only easier because there's no chocolate to melt and spread!  The Reese's Pieces are a nice touch and surprisingly, the peanut butter pieces stand out from the peanut butter in the cookie. 

I followed the recipe on this one!  I used a combination of crunchy and creamy peanut butter and that worked very well.  One suggestion I would make for a "prettier" cookie - after you have scooped out all the cookies (I used my Pampered Chef medium cookie scoop), take your hands and reshape them a bit.  When slightly cooled, they hold a shape better and end up looking very nice.

Add this to your fall roster of recipes - they also have a nice autumn look to them from the Reese's, plus since they are so simple, they are super easy to fit into an already busy schedule.

Comments