Small Wins

Today was nothing earth shattering.  Just the discovery of two little foods that were pretty tasty.

This morning I was looking for something I could take to my neighbor's for a snack.  She agreed to watch my little one plus some other kids, so I figured the least I could do would be to help with the snack!  I regularly see people pin homemade granola bars on Pinterest, so I thought that might be a good way to go.  Plus, my neighbor's daughter who is trying to go gluten free would be able to snack too.

If you search for homemade granola bars on Pinterest, you'll get a lot of results.  I went with this one.  I substituted mini chocolate chips for the mini M&Ms, but then threw in a handful of regular size M&Ms, just for kicks.  Although these bars don't hold together too, too well, they sure are tasty.  It's hard to walk away from the pan.  One more thing, make sure you add the salt the recipe calls for, it's a great counter to the sweetness of the brown sugar and honey.

Then, tonight, I made these:


I liked the Bruschetta Chicken so much, I decided to make Bruschetta Burgers.  Not a bad call--fresh basil, tomatoes and parmesan are always good.  I just mixed up my own version that I use for regular bruschetta, rather than following a recipe.  One more of the awesome tastes of summer.

Comments