That's Good Chicken, Chicken


For some reason, there is a period of time where my dad thought "That's good chicken, Chicken" was a funny thing to say to my Mom.  She did not necessarily agree, and he quickly stopped.  (That's how you make a marriage last 50+ years, folks.  Pay attention to the little stuff.)  I can see why Mom was not crazy about the phrase.

Except that, sometimes, "that's good chicken, Chicken" says exactly what you need it to say.  That's is precisely the case with this recipe for Grilled Bruschetta Chicken.  I love bruschetta, and adding those flavors to a wonderfully marinated piece of chicken is beautiful simplicity.  The perfect summer dish when fresh tomatoes and basil are plentiful.

I stumbled on this recipe completely by accident.  When I menu plan for spring/summer, I often just put in "grilled ____________" on a given day.  As I get around to preparing for a week's worth of cooking, I usually try to narrow down whether I actually intend to add in kind of marinade or sauce to the meat I'm grilling.  In this particular case I did a Pinterest search on grilled chicken.  Yummy!  So glad I did.

It was a bit challenging to get the toppings to stay on the meat, but no matter, the flavors are totally worth the balancing act.  I can't wait to eat our leftovers, and I can't wait to make this again.  I'm guessing our first cookout guests of the summer will get to taste this!

Comments

MBMP said…
Pick me, oh, pick me! I'll come try it!