Whatever You Do, Don't Forget the Rolls

We spent some time with my family tonight.  Mom has had some eye surgery and needed to get out of the house in a quiet environment.  Plus, I had a new board game from Christmas that we needed to try out.

On the menu plan was this Brats and Beer Cheddar Chowder so I decided it would be an easy recipe to double for our group.  It is a good, hearty soup.  Go easy on the caraway seeds if there are those in your party who are not crazy about their flavor.  It was almost too dominant for me.

On the side I served these new pretzel rolls from Sister Schubert's.  They are SO GOOD.  I couldn't believe it.  They would make the perfect accompaniment to just about any soup, and they were wonderful with this cheesy chowder.  I'm thinking of buying a bag to have on hand for regular at home dinners.  Shoot, I'm going to buy a bag and eat the whole thing myself!  They are THAT GOOD.

We never forget dessert at our house and tonight was no exception.  Somewhere in time I had saved this recipe for Orange Chip Cookies.  A nice little cookie with a sweet orange, buttery flavor.  I followed all the instructions in this recipe except for the addition of a little vanilla.  What's a cookie without a little vanilla anyway?

It was a good evening of food with family.  Oh, and rolls.  Don't forget the rolls.

Comments