Friday Nights In

For many years I've had a long-standing policy of a closed kitchen on Friday nights.  However, cold nights, little girl preferences, and counting calories and dollars, have slowly begun to change my mind.  I've found I don't mind a Friday night in, as long as it's deliberate, and we still have a plan (i.e. we picked up a movie from Redbox earlier in the day).

You know we've been eating a lot of soup around here, and so this Pizza Soup from Lynn sounded like a great choice for our "pizza and movie" night.  This is super easy to make, especially since I only made a half recipe for our family. 

I used only mozzarella cheese, thinking that was more in line with the pizza idea.  It didn't melt very well, and I think the overall flavor of the soup was a little weak as a result.  I'd like to try this again with a stronger cheese with a better melting quality.

Every good soup supper incorporates a delicious, fresh bread of some kind, so I made this Cheese Garlic Biscuits (a recipe I saved from some church/school/hospital/friend/family/whatever collection cookbook long ago).


These were very yummy, and with the reduced fat Bisquick and cheese, a little lighter than the ones we all love at Red Lobster.  Of course, you could use all the full fat ingredients and have super deliciousness.  Either way, no question I'll be making these in the future!

Comments