Another Soup Supper


Soups are showing up very regularly the last few months.  They are easy for our busy Wednesdays, and fit well with our family effort to shape up a bit.

This Cheese and Corn Chowder was not the best of cheese soups I've ever made.  I'm sure the low cheese content had something to do with that.  The flavor was good, but if I made it again I would add even more cheese than the extra third I added.  It just needs the extra punch. 

The picture above shows the recipe with my modifications.  As I was making the soup, I realized there was no onion.  That just didn't seem right so I threw in about a third of a cup of chopped onion with the other veggies.  I also left out the celery, and doubled the carrot instead, to suit our personal tastes.  The corn flavor is a nice change from other straight-up cheesey/potato type soups.

Comments