Perfect for Summer - BLT Pasta

I love a bacon, lettuce, and tomato sandwich, especially on homemade bread.  My family is not as crazy about them--husband is indifferent to bacon (how that's possible I don't know), daughter isn't crazy about tomatoes.

I thought, however, that this BLT Pasta might give me the flavors I crave, but in a more acceptable format for the two of them.  Another great plus is the veggie content.  I can also add it to my collection of traditional favorites in a new format.

I've had this recipe on the menu for three weeks running.  The return to my school schedule and all the meetings, parties, etc. that go along with it, though, means I've scrapped the recipe in favor of faster options.  Now that I've made the recipe I know it doesn't actually take that much time or prep, but it seemed like it would in the midst of our busyness.

For the most part I followed this recipe to the letter, except that I made a half recipe and did not include the croutons.  Even at a half recipe, there would be enough for two meals for our family.

This was a delicious, fresh recipe.  So good with fresh tomatoes and spinach from our local produce stand.  I also served fresh green beans on the side and it was a great accompaniment. 

Now I have BLTs everybody can appreciate (even if my little one does eat around the tomatoes).

Comments