Souper Pizza

Once again I've found a way to combine two different kinds of dishes.  In this case, though, it wasn't something I made up!  Someone else was creative in coming up with this French Onion Pizza au Gratin.

This recipe is a little labor intensive.  There's a lot of chopping involved and multiple skillets, so if nothing else there's labor in dish washing.  It's tasty enough to warrant the work.

I pretty much followed the recipe (as much as I ever do).  I used homemade pizza crust 'cause something about seeing those Boboli crusts hanging in the store weirds me out.  I forgot to get the french onion dip (didn't even it see it on the ingredient list until midway through) so I used some onion soup mix and sour cream as a substitute.  I also left out the bourbon and the rosemary--the bourbon because I didn't have any and the rosemary because I totally forgot.

The flavors on this pizza are delicious.  I will say that it felt like a lot of work, especially for pizza, but it would be a good dish for an informal get together with friends.

Comments

Jen said…
I tried to read the link but can't since i'm not a member... the picture looks really good though! When I worked in Door County, WI over summer, we always went to a restaurant called Wild Tomato. They were known for having awesome pizza with weird things on it... i think the weirdest one I ever got had cheese curds and broccoli on it. Wasn't really a fan, but the other stuff was awesome!