August is Here!

It's the beginning of a new month and a new menu.

Uncharacteristically, I've already gone off-menu!  (Actually, that's what I love about meal planning--I can make changes to fit our schedule, but I'm always prepared to make a meal at home.) 

We had a topsy-turvy end to our week last week, and as a result, I didn't make the Ham, Gruyere and Shallot Pizza.  So I decided I wouldn't worry about running the oven on a very hot day and made it today.  (Let's face it, if I wait for a cool day to use the oven this year, I'll be waiting until November.)

It was good pizza that was different from your garden variety red sauce pizza.  For the most part I stuck to the recipe.  There were a few slices of provolone cheese that I wanted to use so I added them to a heaping half cup of swiss cheese on the pizza.  I still think it could use more cheese, but can't everything?!!!  I only had dried thyme on hand so next time I would like to try it with fresh seasoning.

This is a keeper, even for hot summer nights.  If you are mustard person, a nice spicy brown mustard might be just the right addition.

Comments