A Different Twist

We've returned to winter-like temperatures so I was glad a comfort food dish was on the menu tonight. I've mentioned, before, my interest in finding more recipes using kielbasa or smoke sausage. So this Kielbasa Chili seemed like a familiar taste with a different twist.

This is a super easy dish to make. I ommitted the olives because we are just not olive people. To let the flavors work together a little bit, I let the dish simmer for about a half an hour rather than the few minutes listed in the recipe. After about 20 minutes, I gave a quick taste and it seemed a little tomatoey rather than chiliish. So I added 1/2 tsp of chili powder and threw in a little oregano and dried onion for good measure.

Topped with cheese and sour cream, this was a very tasty dish. I'll hang on to it for those days when chili sounds good, but with a little something different.

Comments