The Best for Birthdays


As mentioned previously, the Popcorn Chicken was a bust, so on with plan B. My little one requested spaghetti, so in order to make it party worthy, I went for baked spaghetti. Extra cheese always makes things festive right?


This was good. So good. And even better as leftovers a couple nights later.

I don't know from whence this recipe came. Clearly, I scribbled it from somewhere.

Alongside this lovely dish we had salad, just spring greens with shredded swiss, Craisins, jicama, and green onion topped with orange poppy seed dressing, cheese bread and cake.



The cake was cute, but since the birthday girl chose strawberry my expectations were low from the outset. I used the same frosting that I used for her second birthday and it was delicious this time around too.
I had intended to carely pipe dots on the top, but then a beautiful thought struck me "Why not use Necco wafers?" I am so glad I did. Colorful, without all the tinting of frosting, and certainly a whole lot faster for a cake decorating novice. The oddball flavors of the wafers also added a nice touch to the super sweet strawberriness.

Comments