Once Upon a Time and a Box of Orzo

Once upon a time, I had a partial box of orzo pasta, so I kept pinning recipes to use the rest of the box. That partial box of orzo is long since gone, but now I'm saddled with a bunch of yummy orzo recipes that I haven't used.

I decided it was time to remedy the situation, even if it did mean buying a new box of pasta. So today's recipe is Creamy One-Pot Chicken Orzo with Carrot and Spinach. I mostly followed the recipe, but there were a few alterations. Always. I used quite a bit less spinach than the recipe called for. I had originally intended to make this recipe sooner and purchased the spinach. In the mean time, I ate salad and used spinach, so by the time I got around to the orzo recipe I was a little short. It was still delicious with a hearty helpful of carrot and just a little spinach. The other change I made was to combine both white and sharp yellow Cheddar. The color was just slightly different, but the end result was just as tasty.

This is a lovely, creamy, pasta dish that hit all the right notes for our family. It was pretty quick to make, and the veggies make seem a little healthier than your average pasta. Plus, the little orzos are just so cute.

Comments

I love pasta and I am always looking for new recipes. I really never add carrot to mine so I will have to try it!