Starting 2024 With Soup

And we are back after a little holiday hiatus! The weather definitely feels more like winter than it did in December, and you know that means soup is on the menu.

Today's soup is a definite winner--all the things you like about your favorite chicken noodle soup, kicked up a notch. Crack Chicken Noodle Soup--if you follow Plain Chicken, she makes a crack (chicken, bacon, ranch, and cheddar) versions of most dishes, and they always turn out to be favorites. This soup is no exception.

We were just back from a week plus of travel, and I was looking for homemade comfort food. I had everything on hand for this soup, and even though it's from scratch, it didn't take too long. I did swap shredded carrot for the celery, because we are not big fans of the celery at this house. Plus, carrot is tastier and way more colorful. I used Kirkland bacon crumbles to make this even easier. My egg noodles were also not the super thin type called for in the recipe, but I think I like the more substantial type better.

The interesting thing about this soup is that it has two types of cheese, and yet it doesn't really taste cheesy. It's delicious, but if you are looking for a cheese-type soup, this isn't it. Everyone in my house loved this soup, and there were plenty of leftovers to keep us happy for the next few lunches. If you're looking for a hearty soup the whole family will enjoy, this is a very safe bet!

Comments