Green Pizza

This recipe for Green Pizza had been languishing on my Pinterest board for some time. I liked the idea of it, but I wasn't sure if the fam would go for it. However, after the success of our Frankenstein Halloween pizza, I knew this wouldn't be too far afield.

The beauty of this pizza (and all pizzas for that matter) is that you can put whatever you want. The pesto as the sauce is a lovely change from the normal red sauce. I just purchased mine from the refrigerator section of the store. I'm sure the homemade variety is lovely, but I don't have that kind of time. Then, I added the artichokes (I didn't use the whole can), broccoli (I didn't use all this either), and feta (I had a heavy hand here, because the saltiness is divine). 

The best part about this is the lovely roast you get on the veggies and cheese because it bakes so long. The crust is also nice and toasty. I loved the combination of the cheeses, and I would totally play around with the base cheese, as long as the feta presence was always there. 

Although this is a veggie pizza, I didn't really notice because it had such great flavor. Keep it in your back pocket for pizza night with friends, especially if you are looking for something special or need a veggie option. This would also be perfect for a St. Patrick's feast that isn't especially Irish, but still wants to feel festive.

Comments