Tortellini Taco Tuesday

Somewhere along the way, I saved a post with five ways to use Buitoni tortellini, of which Taco Tortellini was one. Each of the recipes seemed easy with only a handful of ingredients, especially important on busy school nights when getting dinner to the table quickly is paramount. I will likely try a couple of the other choices in upcoming months.

This was a simple recipe, and I just changed up the preparation in way that made more sense to me. The recipe didn't say to specifically brown the ground beef, but it just seemed weird not to. So I browned and drained the beef, and added it back to the skillet before I added the tomatoes and taco seasoning and let it simmer. Once I added the cheese, I put the skillet on for a minute to help with melting. For tortellini, I just used a store brand frozen cheese variety. We topped our servings with Jumping Jack Cheese Doritos--the texture and flavor contrast were a great addition.

This was so yummy. Despite the fact that the tomatoes seemed extra chunky, we all loved the flavors and the tortellini was a great pairing with the traditional taco meat. The leftovers for lunch the next couple of days were terrific too.  I will absolutely be making this again.

Comments

Sara Jankowski said…
Looks delicious! What a fun twist to making tacos, will for sure have to try this recipe out in the future. A great new recipe for Taco Tuesday with friends!
Josie Mettes said…
I never would have thought to put these two flavors together! It sounds quick and easy and a nice way to incorporate some different flavors instead of the way we all know and love tacos.