Fall Brunch at It's Best

It finally feels like fall here, sometimes a little too much. It seems like I have to learn how to dress for the season all over again.

These Apple Maple Bacon Pancakes will have you in the mood for autumn in a heartbeat. They are the perfect sweet, salty, crunchy, fruity mix. I made the topping using most of a honey crisp apple, 1/4 cup of Kirkland bacon crumbles, maple syrup, and a little bit of refrigerated bacon fat I keep in the fridge. Then, I used my favorite Krusteaz pancake mix (I was already late getting dinner started and didn't need to be rooting around for ingredients) and mixed half of the apple bacon mixture into the batter. It worked perfectly and I was thankful I didn't have to get any more dishes dirty.

Speaking of dishes, that would be my one gripe with this recipe--too many things need to be washed or cleaned up later. There's one skillet for the apple bacon mixture, plus the tools to mix the batter, and then lastly my griddle for the pancakes. In theory you could use the same skillet for the topping as the pancakes, but you'll need to do something with the second half of the topping then, which means another dish.

These were delicious. I'm normally not a syrup person, but a tiny extra drizzle of maple syrup was the perfect addition to the apples and bacon. If you are not a bacon person, I think you could totally make these with sausage instead. Happy fall breakfasting!

Comments

Sara Jankowski said…
This looks delicious! I love the mix of flavors sweet and salty, especially with the maple syrup I'm sure put just the right amount of everything together.
Christian Avila said…
Combining sweet and salty flavors could produce some exciting results. I will give this a shot when I return to my parent's house for the Thanksgiving holiday. I am grateful for the fresh concept I can share with my parents.
Josie Mettes said…
Sweet and salty is a classic I just wonder how the apples were mixed into the pancake batter. Whether they were soft or still crunchy, for some reason a soft apple has never been my favorite but these look so good I might have to try it even if they are!