Fall at its Best

Fall is a tricky time for me. I'm not a fan of all the pumpkin things, and I don't want endless amounts of apple either. I find that other fall flavors are far less featured in my favorite drinks and desserts during the fallish months. 

Salted caramel will forever be my favorite fall flavor, and possibly my favorite flavor of all time. Which is why this Caramel Apple Dutch Baby caught my eye and worked for me. Some apple, but also caramel is a definite win.

This recipe is a tiny bit more work than your average Dutch baby, mostly because you have to peel, slice, and cook the apples separately. That part of the prep actually went pretty quickly. The batter preparation in the blender is super easy, although you could totally whisk it up by hand.

Rather than using ice cream, I finished ours with a sprinkle of chopped, salted, toasted pecans, some Salted Caramel Ice Cream topping, a dusting of powdered sugar, and a healthy dollop of whipped cream. This is a sweet bite, but so yummy. I'm glad I added the pecans for a little crunch and contrast. I would definitely make this again, even if it is a few extra steps--totally worth it and totally fall.

Comments

Josie Mettes said…
As someone who is also not a huge pumpkin flavor girl, I really enjoy seeing someone who can take a different fall flavor and make something that looks delicious. I can't say I will try to make one myself seeing as I have never been the best at baking, but I can appreciate a good dessert when I see one.