Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Pinwheels

It's starting to get colder, and comfort foods are tasting better and better. I just finished my November menu, and there are comfort foods galore. Today's feature is securely in the comfort food slot, with a toasty twist on a classic--Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza Pinwheels.

Prep for these was pretty easy, mostly because I went to my refrigerator and freezer for pre-made ingredients. I used previously browned ground beef as well as my trusty Kirkland bacon crumbles. I added some spaghetti sauce (that's what was already open in the refrigerator), and cheese, and it was ready to roll. I'd say the rolling, slicing, and transferring, of these pinwheels was by far the most difficult part. They didn't hold together terribly well, and I felt like I'd made a big mess of it all. Thankfully, when the pinwheels bake, they incorporate some of the loose toppings, so if you put the bits that fall out in the move on top, they will eventually find their way into the pinwheels. If you like pickles on your burgers, you could totally add some finely chopped pickles in before you roll them up.

These were yummy! They were cozy and the perfect cheeseburger bite. The leftovers warmed up well, and made a rainy lunchtime better. If you are looking for great cheeseburger taste in a little different build, this if for you!

Comments

I've never heard of cheesburger pizza pinwheels but they sound so yummy! It does sound like rolling the ground beef in the pinwheels is difficult so I would definitely have to try it a couple of times if I make them. I love burgers and pizza and a mix of them is the best invention ever! I wonder if there's a way to make a sort of pizza bite bagel as the bun for a burger and cook the burger whole and add toppings inside...
Christian Avila said…
This seems like a delicious snack while watching a movie with some buddies. It was in 2011 when I saw an advertisement for Pizza Hut that featured this meal; however, their preparation and presentation were different. As always, thank you for the food recommendations.
Josie Mettes said…
This reminds me a lot of the pizza roll-ups from Monicals which are one of my favorites! I think this would be a great way to make a variety of different pinwheels, pizza, burgers like yours, or even tacos! This is such a fun and easy way to incorporate different ingredients.