When the Lazy Option is Better Thank the Real Deal...

The name of the dish I made for today is Lazy Enchiladas, and I have to say the name was enough to make me take a deeper dive into the recipe as soon as I saw it. Those of you who have been around here for any time at all will not be surprised that a recipe title is enough to suck me in.

Lazy Enchiladas seemed like a good idea--everyone at my house is stretched to max right now, so lazy anything seems like the best policy. This recipe was super easy, and it was SO good. I used frozen chicken taquitos, some refried beans from the freezer, green enchilada sauce, and quesadilla blend cheese. I only made a half recipe in an 8x8 pan, and it was perfect for our family of three with three leftover servings. The assembly process was simple and fast, and then it baked long enough that I could walk away and do something else.

We all loved this dish, and I'm looking forward to leftovers for lunch. It had great enchilada flavor with a little less effort. This dish is also super customizable to your preferences for sauce, cheese, filling, and heat. This could probably work very well for a potluck or family dinner too. Enjoy!

Comments

Hannah Hospodar said…
You had me at lazy! I wonder what else can be made into a lazy dish .... this has really peaked my interest and now my brain won't stop thinking of the endless possibilities. Thank you Heidi for this easy yet delicious recipe!
Sara Jankowski said…
I am all about an easy dinner recipe! Looks delicious and now am on the hunt for more recipes like this.
HRottier said…
Lazy is my middle name. :)