Back with Bananas

My summer hiatus has come to an end, and I thoroughly enjoyed the break. Sure, we ate, and I regularly tried new recipes, but summer is a delicate balance between being gone, taking it easy, and eating to stay cool. Less of the recipes I make are really recipes and more just food prep.

This Bananas Foster Baked Oatmeal was a very memorable dish late in the summer line up. First, I love all things bananas foster, so this was definitely something I thought I'd enjoy. I also like baked oatmeals as a breakfast or breakfast for dinner option. They are filling, but not in a way that makes you feel gross. While I made this for dinner, the leftovers for breakfast were 👌.

In general, I followed the recipe. I did swap rum extract for actual rum (and reduced the quantity to about 1 tsp). It took an extra banana or two, but mine were a little on the small side I guess. I also wished I'd let the caramel sauce cook just a minute or two longer. Ultimately, it tasted terrific, and the caramelly banana goodness was divine. This is a perfect addition to your favorite weekend brunch or special holiday celebration. I wouldn't wait that long, though. 😁

Comments

Hannah Hospodar said…
Okay, so I love oatmeal but this looks like it takes it to a whole other level. Thank you for this. I am definitely looking to spice up my breakfast and this will hands down be the start to making me happy and full :)