Of Course They're Mac and Cheese Pancakes

Because why wouldn't they be? You all know by now that I love unconventional combinations, and putting regular foods in new formats. So, yes, when I saw a recipe for Mac and Cheese Pancakes, I knew I had to.

These aren't complicated--make the mac and cheese, make the pancake batter, stir them together and add some extras. The result is a mostly fried mac and cheese flavor without the breading. You don't taste much of the pancake batter, and the mac gets a nice crust from being fried. The bacon, cheddar, and green onion, make for a deeper flavor than just the boxed mix would have. I cut back on the green onion a little because not everyone at my table loves it, and they were still very tasty. My husband was especially high on them.

Not sure I'll make them again, but they sure were fun to try the first time around. The novelty, plus the fact that they tasted pretty good might mean I come up with a craving for them again at some point.

Comments

Unknown said…
This looks delicious. These two things separately are some of my favorite foods on the planet, and the fact that someone found a happy medium that molds the two together and with toppings makes me eager to make this as soon as I graduate.

-Emily Baughman
Danny Collins said…
This is a very weird combination, but also intriguing at the same time. It feels like one of those combos that doesn't sound good at first, but you can't knock it until you try it, which I will definitely have to do.
Sara Jankowski said…
I really like the different combos of food recipes. What an interesting combo! I absolutely love mac and cheese and pancakes, I feel like this would be fun to make just to try. Love how easy this is to make and the different topping combos that could go along with this.