Chocolate Chip Biscuits (The American Kind)

Saturdays always bring out my tendency to want something special for breakfast. Also, I usually choose something quicker just because it's the weekend.

These Cream Cheese Chocolate Chip Biscuits seemed like the perfect mix of quick and simple but still tasty. They were pretty easy to put together. As per usual, I made a few changes. I didn't have buttermilk, so I used the milk/vinegar mixture instead. I also chose to leave the cream cheese out of the glaze so that it didn't have that tang. Instead of cutting them out individually, I just cut my dough into rectangles. I told you I don't like to put forward a lot of effort on the weekends.😉

These were warm and comforting without being too sweet. We all loved them. I would totally make them again, Saturday or not.

Comments

Shannon Hoffman said…
I'm not much of a baker, but this recipe seems manageable, and ingredients I would have on hand. I like that you touched on the swap for buttermilk because that's something I wouldn't have. These sound awesome and I like that they are not overly sweet!