For All You Brown Sugar and Butter Lovers

Blondies are probably one of my very favorite things. There's something about that butter and brown sugar combo that speaks to me. 

These Pretzel Bottom Snickers Blondies sounded awesome because the salt of the pretzels would be perfect against the sweet blondie backdrop, and Snickers are never a bad thing. It turns out I didn't have as many Snickers as I thought I did in the cupboard, so things got a little creative. I chopped up as many Snickers as I had, then I chopped up some plain Hershey chocolate bars, added some chopped nuts (mostly peanuts), and toffee pieces. 

I really liked these blondies. The mix-ins were a nice addition, and I liked the saltiness of the pretzels. I didn't feel like the pretzels whole, but I would be concerned they wouldn't stay crispy if you broke them up. I guess a few wonky pretzel bites are fair trade-off for the salty crunch they add. It was a little different in flavor due to the dark brown sugar. I think I would do all light brown or a mix in the future.

This recipe would totally work to get rid of leftover Halloween chocolate. I'd say any mixture of candy would be delicious.

Comments