Easy Apps for Tournament Time

Lots of gatherings are happening right now since it's tournament time. I had the chance to try a new easy app with my kiddo's friends recently. 

Historically, I've done the grape jelly and chili sauce meatballs and loved them. These Slow Cooker Meatball Pineapple Smokies seemed similar, but just as easy. Since the regular smoked sausage was on major sale at Kroger, I decided to go that route and cut it into coin sized pieces instead of the little smokies. It worked just fine. I drained the pineapple as instructed, but left a little tiny bit at the bottom to add a little more pineapple flavor to the sauce. Not sure it made a difference.

This is fun barbecue app, that had tons of flavor from the sausage, meatballs, and the sauce. The high school set seemed to like it pretty well, and I think it's a great choice for that Final Four party.

Comments

Unknown said…
I've never tried slow-cooking meatballs before; I've only ever baked them. Pineapple and meatballs sound really good, though; a nice mix of sweet and savory together. Smart move leaving a little bit of sauce in the pot at the end of the recipe; that helps keep the flavor and moisture.

-Emily Baughman