Breakfast Tatchos

Occasionally, my menu plan is really more of a suggestion than a plan. Recently, I had breakfast pizza on the menu, but didn't want to have to buy any extra ingredients, so I decided to make due. That was probably the best thing that could have happened.

I started with my favorite current time-saving technique--browning meat in the crockpot. It has saved me so much work recently! I let the sausage cook for a couple of hours on high in the crockpot. Then, once I had the other ingredients ready, the sausage was all ready to go! I prepped the tater tots per the package instructions, and fried my eggs. Then, I layered tots, sausage crumbles, cheese, and topped with the egg. The yolk was perfectly runny and made everything that much better. 

This was such a happy accident, that I can't way to make it again. Delicious!

Comments

Unknown said…
Those look absolutely delicious. I had no idea you could cook meat in a crock pot; the crock pot I have currently is broken, so I need to replace it so I can use it to cook this recipe. Plus, any recipe with tater tots in it is 100% guaranteed to be good, so adding it to my cooking queue.

-Emily Baughman
Hailey said…
I've recently be starting to branch out from chicken and tried to cook italian sausage in a cast iron - it takes so long! And a lot of work to make it even. I will definitely give the crockpot a shot next time instead of smoking up my kitchen.