I'm Calling It Lazy Lasagna

I love a delicious cheesy lasagna. I despise the amount of work necessary to build such a lasagna. This recipe for Two M Pasta Treat scratches that lasagna itch with far less work, and I think I like it almost better.

I made a few modifications in the recipe, mostly in how it was prepped around my work schedule. I started by browning the ground beef in the crockpot while I did my morning school prep. This works so well, you'll probably hear me mention often from here on out. Then, after lunch time, I drained the ground beef, and then I let the beef sit with the tomato sauce and spices in the crock while I made the pasta and sour cream mixture. Once the pasta was done cooking, I assembled everything, put a lid on, and put it in the fridge. At supper time, I just slid it in to the oven for it's regular amount of cooking time.

The fam raved about this recipe. It is delicious comfort food, and would make an excellent choice to take to a friend who is sick, has had a death in the family, or simply needs a little pick me up. I split ours into two pans and put one in the freezer. I'm pretty excited to pull that out and eat it in the future.

Comments

MERCY said…
Heidi,

This recipe sounds perfect for a college student, like myself, who does not have time to cook a hearty meal everyday. I have been eating different pastas for the past week and this recipe came just in time to satisfy my pasta cravings. I can't wait to try it!