Spicy!

I don't pretend that our family is great with spicy foods. We are midwestern for starters, and as a colleague from the west once told me, "midwestern bland" is a thing. This Loaded Enchilada Soup was tasty but for our wimpy tastebuds, a tad too much. If you've got a taste for soup with a little more kick, look no further!

This is a souper (see what I did there) easy recipe, especially if you go the slow cooker route like I did. I started by cooking the beef in the crockpot with the taco seasoning and chopped onion. I drained it when it was done, then put it back in the crock with all the other ingredients. It cooked on low for about 3 hours, and voila, done! Mostly hands-off time, and it still turned out great. We topped ours with sour cream, Mexican blend cheese, and crushed tortilla chips.

 This recipe makes a lot. For the three of us, I'm guessing it's probably 4-5 meals worth. If you've got a big family, that's great for you--enough to go around and maybe some leftovers. For a smaller family, invite friends? Give some away? Speaking of, does anyone need some soup?😅

Comments

Unknown said…
This looks so good! My Dad makes a "taco soup" which is actually really similar to this, but I agree, it can be a bit spicy sometimes! Eating it with bread can help cool down the kick! I might have to send this recipe to my dad! -Maddy Neuwald
Dimitra said…
This recipe sounds amazing! Soup is perfect for this time of year, especially with all the snow we just got. With midwestern winters, a soup with a bit of a kick sounds extra appealing. - Dimitra Procopos