Bigger Than Cinnabon


Somedays I don't love that I have a pre-planned menu. It feels constraining or poorly matched to the events of the day. What I've learned, though, is that if I just carry on and follow the plan, I'm almost never disappointed. That's not to say I don't make adjustments on the fly, I do, but I've also learned that there is reliability and comfort for my busy brain in following the plan.

The day I was scheduled to make this Cinnamon Roll Dutch Baby was one such day. The family was all moving in different directions and right at the dinner hour no less. I also didn't realize when I pinned the recipe that it was a three step process. Most Dutch Baby recipes are pretty uncomplicated one-and-done prep situations. The steps made me dread making the recipe all the more.

I am soooooooooooooo glad I carried on. It was beautiful to look at and so tasty to eat. The pancake was buttery and sweet, and the glaze was just enough to put it right over the top. We enjoyed this a lot, and I was glad for a leftover serving for a later breakfast. I made mine in a 12 inch skillet, so it didn't get quite as puffy as the original, but it still had a delightful crust. I wasn't sure if the cinnamon swirl would stay in place, but it did pretty well, and I wasn't terribly delicate with the skillet getting it in and out of the oven.

Please make this and soon! You will not be sorry.

Comments

Mattie Henry said…
Cinnamon rolls are my favorite! I was just looking up Cinnabon recipes to make at home, so thank you for posting this! Sounds and looks delicious.