Enchilada Mac & Cheese

 

I have been so excited to make this recipe for Enchilada Mac and Cheese. It sounded sooooo good. I was little concerned about using a whole pound of pasta for three of us, but I was not sorry to have the leftovers once we tasted it!

This is a great mac and cheese, with yummy enchilada flavor. The cheese sauce was very easy to make, and I loved that the chicken broth and enchilada sauce were the base rather than a normal roux. I chose to use green enchilada sauce because it's always what we prefer at our house. I'm sure the normal red sauce would be tasty too. For the cheese, I used a combination of Colby Jack and Cheddar.

This recipe has a lot of possible variations that make it totally customizable to your tastes. If you prefer chicken to beef, you could absolutely swap it out, especially with the green enchilada sauce. You could also amp up the heat with a spicier sauce or by adding peppers at the end. Any which way you put this together, you won't be sorry. It 100% lives up to expectations.

Comments

Tyler Franco said…
I think I will definitely try to make this in the near future as I am a mac and cheese lover and I really enjoy finding and trying different kinds of recipes besides just plain old Kraft.