Easy Cheesy Comfort Food

Fall arrived in the last few weeks. Not the fall of the calendar, but the feeling of fall with its brisker wind and colder temperatures. This Slow Cooker Cheesy Chicken and Rice is perfect fall comfort food.

It's an easy recipe that is creamy and delicious without being too rich. I often worry that when I use Velveeta, it will take over everything else. There's just something so "Velveeta-ey" about it. In this, though, it's cheesy and smooth without being too much. I decided to add in some broccoli for an easy all-in-one dish. I just added frozen broccoli into the mixture at the start. It was a perfect complement, and the bright green made the dish a bit brighter too.

We had several dishes of leftovers from this recipe, but I'm not complaining. The leftovers warmed up perfectly so we got to enjoy them all over again.

Comments

Tyler Franco said…
I used to hate having leftovers because I thought nothing ever tasted as good the second time. However, once I was living on my own at college I realized it saved a lot of money and that I was just being picky. This looks like a good meal to make and one that can last a few days which is perfect for me.