Allow Me to Introduce You to the Quesadoga


I'll admit it, sometimes I make recipes just because they see a little out there. I don't know exactly why, but if there's an oddball combo or slightly strange concoction, I'm usually willing to give it a shot.

Enter the Quesadoga. It's a quesadilla and a hot dog combination. How could two perfectly good things be wrong together? Not sure they can. I also don't know if I'd ever make this again, but it was fun while it lasted.

These are pretty simple to assemble. I used the Mexican blend cheese for the first layer, and plain cheddar cheese sauce (it's what I had) with chili powder for the inside layer. I used good ole Oscar Meyer all beef hot dogs.

First off, I'll say that these are little tough to keep together. I tried to wrap them as tight as I could, but the hot dog still wanted to escape with every bite. Second, I went a lot lighter on the cheese sauce than recommended. I was afraid it would be too goopy with the recommended amount. I think I probably used half what was called for. Finally, there was something about the flavors that didn't work together. They didn't taste bad, but they just both seemed to hold their own without melding. 

It ended up being a fun experiment, but probably not one we'll try again anytime soon.

Comments

Morgan said…
What an interesting combination! I'm glad you tried it - it does seem like the flavors would clash though!