Hints of Fall

All of a sudden, in the midst of perfectly sunny September days, we had a hint of fall. The air was cool all day, the wind was a little brisker, and all I could think about was cozy, comfort food.

I already had a slow cooker meal going (this Korean beef is always a winner for dinner), but I decided perhaps I could up my game. I went in search of a slow cooker bread pudding recipe on Pinterest. With a few scrolls I found this Slow Cooker Blueberry Bread Pudding. As I glanced through the recipe, I knew it would be just the cozy taste I was looking for, and it helped polish off a loaf of bread and a solitary hot dog bun that were getting stale. As I thought about it, I knew I had just the right amount of blueberries languishing in the fruit drawer, as well as one lonely lemon I didn't even remember buying. I get an amazingly silly thrill from making use of the scraps and leftover food in a useful way. 

I quickly cubed up the bread, mixed the egg mixture together, and threw it in the crock before heading out the door to an appointment. Two and half hours later, it was done and piping hot. I made the lemon sauce while the rice for the Korean beef cooked, and voila! 

his was a very tasty bread pudding that was not overly custardy. Normally, I wouldn't go for lemon sauce either, but this was super mild and only slightly acidic. We all enjoyed it!

Comments

Morgan said…
This looks so good! I'm going to send it to my family and hopefully we'll make it for Thanksgiving since I don't have a slow cooker here!