Summer Fun


Hi there! It's me! I'm still here. Let's just say we enjoyed summer at our house. We delighted in being gone, staying home, and spending time with friends and family. Frankly, blogging was the last thing on my mind. I'll even say that while I still cooked, a lot fewer recipes were tried.

So here I am. Back with a winner of a recipe from our late summer celebrating. There's still time before Labor Day, and you have plenty of time to enjoy this Easy Ice Cream Cake.

I used the boxed brownie mix for the base. I strongly suggest underbaking them as described in the recipe. I so impressed by how soft these stayed, even when frozen. It was so much easier to eat compared to other ice cream cake crusts I've made in the past.

From there, I added the fudge sauce and chopped Oreos. Instead of vanilla ice cream, I chose to use Cookies and Cream ice cream. Our grocery store's ice cream section had been ransacked, and I could really find a sufficient quantity of vanilla to use, if you can believe it! Obviously, the Cookies and Cream worked fine, since there are Oreos in it.

For the last two layers, I used Smucker's Salted Caramel Sauce and then the small container of Cool Whip for the topping. I intended to put some more Oreos on the top, but totally forgot in the hubbub of 10 high schoolers anxious to eat.

This cake is so yummy. It was a perfect solution for the crowd I was feeding because there were no nuts included, and the kids loved it. I think one of the boys had three pieces.😁 If you are looking for a great dish to share with family and friends in what remains of summer, look no farther.

Comments