Boss Breakfast Bites, Round 2

I was looking for a breakfast for dinner idea, and knew I had just a few tater tots in the freezer that would work in some breakfast bites I had seen in the past. I scouted around for a few recipes and then eventually made up my own version. My version allows you to customize the quantity to whatever you need.

Start with 3-4 thawed tater tots per egg cup. Spray a muffin tin with non-stick spray and add the 3-4 tots to each cup. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. Take them out and lower the temperature to 375 degrees. Press the tater tots into the muffin cups, and sprinkle with a tablespoon or so of cheese (I used a Quesadilla mix I had in the fridge). I also did a tiny little sprinkle of dry mustard. Then, break an egg over each cup, sprinkle with salt and pepper, and a little cheese. Put them back in the over and bake for 15 minutes.

These were good! We loved the tater tot and egg combo, and they had so much flavor. I highly recommend them for a fun weekend treat or your next brunch.


Comments

Unknown said…
I love this idea. Breakfast for dinner is my favorite, we had that growing up a lot. I was always excited for it. All 3 of my kids say that is not a thing and absolutely refuse to eat breakfast food for dinner, they say that is gross. So, I have not had breakfast for dinner in so long, I may start doing it again, this inspires me to! Theresa Bloom