Taco Tuesday but with bread...

I love menu planning, and most of the time it saves my life. I've learned to be flexible with it, and sometimes when a meal doesn't happen for one reason or another, it saves me on another day.

Such as the case with Taco Stuffed Bread. Now first, let's have a moment of contemplation for tacos + bread = all that is right in this world. I had intended to make this recipe on at least two other occasions, but never got around to it. However, it sure was handy to have the ingredients on hand for a night when a different recipe wasn't feasible.

This recipe is as delicious as you'd expect. The bread I used was much shorter and fatter than suggested in the original recipe. We loved that it had a crunch crust and soft, squishy inside. The taco mixture was very good--I used an envelope of taco seasoning, enough salsa (green) to make a sloppy joe type consistency, plain cream cheese, and cheese. I chose not to add the garlic, salt, or lemon pepper, and there was still plenty of seasoning. There was a little extra of the filling that didn't fit in the bread. I'm looking forward to enjoying it on tortilla chips as a dip.

I would make this again in a heartbeat. The bread was hot and toasty, and the filling was so tasty. All good in my book.

Comments

Michael Jurlow said…
I am a huge fan of tacos, and I never thought to use bread instead of tortillas. I may have to try this in the next few weeks. When it comes to menu planning, I do not do it at all. I typically think about what I am going to eat either the night before or the day of. I should start doing this so I do not have to think about what I am going to eat.