Celebrating Pancake Tuesday - Dutch Baby Style

 

I always make sure to recognized pancake Tuesday on my menu. Even though we don't observe Lent at our house, it seems very important that we set aside a day for pancakes. Everyone's got their own priorities, and apparently ours is in the pancake category.

This year I decided to make a Chocolate Chip Dutch Baby. My fam loves chocolate chip pancakes of the regular variety, so I was pretty sure the Dutch Baby version would be a big hit. Since my cast iron skillet is 12", I decided to double the recipe amount. I increased the baking time to 20 minutes just to make sure it was done all the way through. Unintentionally, I managed to brown the butter in the skillet which now I think I'll do every time I make one of these. It was the perfect little addition.

This is a super sweet and chocolatey pancake, which you and yours will definitely enjoy. I recommend trying it as soon as possible.

Comments