Frito Joes


Frito Pie is always a great mix of Tex-Mex flavors. Make it Frito Pie Sloppy Joes, and you have a fun dish that tastes familiar and new all at once.

This was such a fun dish to make and eat. My store was out of enchilada sauce when I did my pick-up order (I swear everyone in this town has Taco Tuesday five nights a week), so I just added almost double the tomato sauce along with some cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, and onion salt. I guessed at the seasoning amounts (about half the listed) based off a recipe I found for homemade enchilada sauce online. The sauce ended up being super sloppy, so I don't think I would use quite as much tomato sauce again. The Ranch Beans were new to me, and I'll be honest, I was glad the Kroger people had to find them for me since I haven't bought them before. I used a handful of cheddar in the sauce to try and get it to thicken up just a bit.

We topped our sandwiches with cheddar, green onion, and Fritos. I am a big fan of any chip on any sandwich anyway, so the crunchiness of Fritos on this sloppy joe was perfection. I will definitely make these again. They were so delightful and heartily enjoyed by all at our table.

Comments