Eat Your Veggies


Despite my best efforts, I always fall short of the daily recommended amount of vegetables. I just don't care for veggies as much as fruits, and am less likely munch on them or include them in regular meal prep. These Orange Ground Chicken Rice Bowls seemed like a good way to refresh my veggie commitments.

I used ground turkey instead of ground chicken because it is much easier to find in my local grocery store. Then, to up the veggie ante even more, I used cauliflower rice instead of the grain. That worked really well, although we did have to add a little salt. It would be even more tasty with rice, and I think I'll try it another time.

This dish tasted so fresh and healthy. It just felt like a good decision to eat it.😄 I think you could add carrots with the broccoli for even more color and flavor. Other variations would include tofu or veggie protein if you're wanting to make this vegan/vegetarian.

Comments