Chicken Noodle Soup with an Asian Twist

I love recipes that use mostly familiar ingredients with just a little bit of a twist to make them interesting. This Coconut Milk Asian Noodle Soup is a great example. All of the ingredients are things we normally enjoy, but I've never combined them in this specific way.

The flavors of this soup are lovely and light. It was the perfect foil to our blizzard conditions. I used the angel hair rice noodles which kept getting tangled and made it somewhat difficult to eat. I'd recommend a little bigger noodle if you can find it, and to avoid getting repeatedly splashed by soup. Surprisingly, I also had to add salt to the finished dish, which was surprising with soy sauce as one of the ingredients.

This is a great soup to try if you have a taste for Asian food, but don't want something too heavy. It's also a great choice if you are feeling under the weather, but don't want the traditional chicken and noodle option. 

Comments