Pie + Brownies = Heaven

The kitchen has not been closed in recent weeks, but it's definitely been in survival mode. High school the second time around means that meals are much more haphazard, and there is a lot less time to try new things to share here on the blog.

We did manage to gather with some friends for Friendsgiving, albeit with a very informal meal--these turkey sliders are great for a crowd. Friends brought sides, and then I covered dessert which is today's featured item on ye old blog, French Silk Brownies. This was not the original recipe I planned to use, but I also forgot to buy German chocolate, so plans change.😁

I started with a double batch of the Ghiradelli brownie mix (if you aren't getting these from Costco, you're doing it wrong). Then I made the cream cheese mixture from the linked recipe and added the chocolate. I didn't feel like it chocolatey enough, so I melted down the same amount again and added it in. It still didn't look like as dark a chocolate as I expected, but it did have a great chocolate flavor so I was satisfied. Then, I shaved some candy bar over the top to finish it off.

These brownies are rich! The fudgy brownie layer plus the cream cheese layer will knock your socks off, but in the very best way. They are a great choice if you want an easy dessert that feels familiar, but just a little elevated. Perfect for holiday parties or a sweet treat at home.

Comments

Cassie Navarro said…
The food as always sounds super delicious.